Dr. Elanur Yılmaz holds a bachelor’s degree from Hacettepe University Department of Biology. Following her graduation, Dr. Yılmaz obtained her master’s degree from Aydın Adnan Menderes University on population genetics of a fish species. She earned her Ph.D. in Medical Biology and Genetics from Akdeniz University School of Medicine. Her doctoral study was focused on the genotype-phenotype relationship of patients with non-syndromic craniosynostosis. During her doctorate study, she has worked as a visiting scientist in the Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University (Nijmegen, The Netherlands) on exome sequencing research in routine diagnosis for six months. Following her Ph.D., she spent three months as a visiting scientist in Zebrafish laboratory of Dr. Didier Stainier in Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research. Dr. Yılmaz continues her post-doctoral research at Koç University KUTTAM Zebrafish Laboratory and in the Department of Medical Genetics as a group member of Dr. Hülya Kayserili. Dr. Yılmaz’s post-doctoral researches aim to investigate the rare human genetic disorders and explore new possible therapeutic targets by using the zebrafish model.
- Yilmaz, E., Nur, B., Mihci, E., Alper, O.M. Coronal craniosynostosis due to TCF12 mutations in patients from Turkey. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A, 2019; 179(11):2241-2245.
- Arts, P., Simons, A., AlZahrani, M.S., Yilmaz, E., AlIdrissi, E., van Aerde, K.J., Alenezi, N., AlGhamdi, H.A., AlJubab, H.A. …. Zonneveld-Huijssoon, E., Veltman, J.A., van Zelst-Stams, W.A.G., Faqeih, E.A., van de Veerdonk, F.L., Netea, M.G., Hoischen, A. Exome sequencing in routine diagnostics: a generic test for 254 patients with primary immunodeficiencies. Genome Medicine, 2019; 11(1):38.
- Yilmaz, E., Mihci, E., Nur, B., Alper, O.M., Tacoy, S. Recent Advances in Craniosynostosis, Pediatric Neurology, 2019; 99:7-15.
- Bademci, G., Abad, C., Incesulu, A., Rad, A., Alper, O., Kolb, S.M., Cengiz, F.B., Diaz-Horta, O., Silan, F., Mihci, E., Ocak, E., Najafi, M., Maroofian, R., Yilmaz, E., Guzel Nur, B., Duman, D., Guo, S., Sant, D.W., Wang, G., Monje, P.V., Haaf, T., Blanton, S.H., Vona, B., Walz, K., Tekin, M. MPZL2 is a novel gene associated with autosomal recessive nonsyndromic moderate hearing loss. Human Genetics, 2018; 137(6-7): 479-486.
- Beköz, A.B., Beköz, S., Yilmaz, E., Tüzün, S., Beköz, U. Consequences of the increasing prevalence of the poisonous Lagocephalus sceleratus in Southern Turkey. Emergency Medicine Journal, 2013; 30(11):954-5.