Dr. Ceren Tunçer graduated with a BSc Biology from Middle East Technical University and studied her postgraduate degrees in the Medical School of The University of Birmingham in United Kingdom. Here, she joined the group of Professor David Adams in Liver Research Group and completed her MSc Immunology and PhD Medicine degrees. She investigated the molecular and physiological regulation of T lymphocyte transendothelial migration for her MSc thesis. In her PhD studies in the same laboratory, her thesis work focused on the identification of adhesion molecules and chemokines which regulate the intrahepatic recruitment of lymphocytes in patients with acute liver failure. Dr Tunçer worked as a postdoctoral research fellow in Sabancı University in the laboratory of Professor Batu Erman and studied the regulation of IL-7 receptor expression through transcription repressor protein GFI-1. She then worked as a technical responsible in the Molecular Genetics Division of the Genetic Diagnosis Centre of Düzen Laboratories Group. Currently, Dr Tunçer is working as a laboratory supervisor in Professor Mert Erkan’s group and her research interests are on hepatopancreatobiliary diseases.
- Epigenetic Inheritance and Cancer. Tuncer C & Tükün A. Turkiye Klinikleri J Med Genet-Special Topics, 2017;2(2):99-106
- The regulation of T cell recruitment to the human liver during acute liver failure. Tuncer C, Oo YH, Murphy N, Adams DH, Lalor PF. Liver Int, 2013; 33(6): 852–863. DOI:10.1111/liv.12182
- CD8 lineage specific regulation of interleukin-7 receptor expression by the transcriptional repressor Gfi1. Ligons DL*, Tuncer C*, Linowes BA, Akcay IM, Kurtulus S, Deniz E, Atasever-Arslan B, Cevik SI, Keller HR, Luckey M, Feigenbaum L, Moroy T, Ersahin T, Atalay R, Erman B*, Park JH*. J Biol Chem, 2012; 287(41):34386-99. DOI 10.1074/jbc.M112.378687 * Equal contribution
- Functional consequences of human lymphocyte cryopreservation: implications for subsequent interactions of cells with endothelium. Faint JM, Tuncer C, Garg A, Adams DH, Lalor PF. J Immunother, 2011; 34(8):588-96. doi: 10.1097/CJI.0b013e31822bc3d0.
- Vascular adhesion protein-1 as a potential therapeutic target in liver disease. Lalor PF, Tuncer C, Weston C, Martin-Santos A, Smith DJ, Adams DH. Ann N Y Acad Sci, 2007; 1110:485-96. doi: 10.1196/annals.1423.051
- Vitronectin in human hepatic tumours contributes to the recruitment of lymphocytes in an alpha v beta3-independent manner. Edwards S, Lalor PF, Tuncer C, Adams DH. Br J Cancer, 2006; 95(11):1545-54. doi:10.1038/sj.bjc.6603467