Dr. Ahmet Cingöz received his bachelor’s degree in biology at Istanbul University, and his master’s degree in medical biochemistry at Marmara University School of Medicine. Then, he earned his PhD degree in Cellular and Molecular Medicine PhD program at Koç University under the supervision of Dr. Tuğba Bağcı-Önder. During his doctoral studies, he studied about the tumor heterogeneity and apoptotic resistance in glioblastoma, an aggressive brain tumor. Dr. Cingöz continues his postdoctoral studies on the resistance mechanisms of apoptotic cell death in brain tumors.
- Kaya-Aksoy E, Cingoz A, Senbabaoglu F, Seker F, Sur-Erdem I, Kayabolen A, Lokumcu T, Sahin GN, Karahuseyinoglu S, Bagci-Onder T. “HRK, a proapoptotic Bcl-2 family member, facilitates apoptosis in GBM cells”. Cell Death Discov. 2019 Feb 8;5:64.
- Kurt IC, Sur I, Kaya E, Cingoz A, Kazancioglu S, Kahya Z, Toparlak OD, Senbabaoglu F, Kaya Z, Ozyerli E, Karahüseyinoglu S, Lack NA, Gümüs ZH, Onder TT, Bagci-Onder T., “KDM2B, an H3K36-specific demethylase, regulates apoptotic response of GBM cells to TRAIL”. Cell Death Dis. 2017 Jun 29;8(6):e2897.
- Erkoc P, Cingoz A, Bagci-Onder T, Kizilel S. “Sensitization of Glioblastoma (GBM) cells to TRAIL through MMP-sensitive PEG Hydrogel Nanocarriers”. Macromolecular Bioscience, 2016 Oct 20. doi: 10.1002/mabi.201600267.
- Senbabaoglu F, Cingoz A, Kaya E, Kazancioglu S, Lack N, Acilan C, Bagci-Onder T. “Identification of Mitoxantrone as a TRAIL-sensitizing agent for Glioblastoma Multiforme”. Cancer Biology and Therapy, 17, pg: 546-557, 2016.
- Uzer B, Toker SM, Cingoz A, Bagci-Onder T, Gerstein G, Maier HJ, Canadic D. “An exploration of plastic deformation dependence of cell viability and adhesion in metallic implant materials”. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 60, pp.177–186, 2016.